Content Official Master's Degree in Teaching in Secondary Schools, Vocational Training and Language Centres
UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
Ideal student profileThis master's degree is for graduates wishing to train as teachers in Compulsory Secondary, Upper Secondary and Vocational Education. They should have a sound knowledge of the contents of the subjects in their chosen specialty, as the master's contents are mainly professionally oriented.
- Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity for originality in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Student should possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that is largely student led or independent.
- Students should know how to apply the knowledge they have acquired and their capacity for problem solving in new or little known fields within wider (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the area of study
- Students should be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgements based on information that may be incomplete or limited and includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities associated with the application of their knowledge and judgements
- Students should know how to communicate their conclusions, knowledge and final reasoning that they hold in front of specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously
- Knowing the mathematics curriculum, and the body of didactic knowledge about the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Plan, develop and evaluate the teaching and learning process enhancing educational processes that facilitate the acquisition of the competences of the teaching of mathematics, based on the level and previous training of students as well as the orientation of the same, both individually and in collaboration with other teachers and school professionals.
- Seek, obtain, process and communicate information (oral, printed, audiovisual, digital or multimedia), transform it into knowledge and apply it in the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Fleshing out the math curriculum that is to implement at a school participating in the collective planning thereof; develop and implement both group and personalized teaching methodologies adapted to the diversity of students.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special attention to equity, education and emotional values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquire strategies to encourage student effort and enhance their capacity to learn by himself and others, and develop thinking skills and decision-making to facilitate autonomy, confidence and personal initiative.
- To know the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom and in the center, mastering skills and social skills necessary to promote learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address problems of discipline and conflict resolution. Know the rules and institutional organization of education systems and models of quality improvement with application to the schools.
- Understand and analyze the historical features of the teaching profession, its current situation, perspectives and interaction with the social reality of the time.
- Inform and advise families about the process of teaching and learning and on personal, academic and professional guidance of their children.
- Possess the necessary learning skills to carry out continuous training in both content and teaching of mathematics and general aspects of the teaching profession.
- To analyze and apply innovative teaching proposals in the field of mathematics education.
- Make effective use and integrated information and communications technology.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and nonverbally.
- Work in teams and teams (the same field or interdisciplinary) and develop attitudes of participation and collaboration as an active member of the community.
- Generate innovative and competitive proposals for professional activity and research.
- Adopt an attitude and ethical behavior and act according to the ethical principles of the profession.
- Analyze and recognize their own socio-emotional skills to develop those needed in their performance and professional development.