Content Official Master's Degree in Journalism and Digital Content Innovation
UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
Ideal student profileThe Master's degree in Journalism and Innovation in Digital Content aims to offer advanced training in the generation of innovative processes in the production and management of digital journalistic content. Students should have a clear interest in the basic aspects of journalism or of work in the area of communication and should have certain qualities based on the following aspects: skills, previous knowledge and interests which make them good candidates for this Master's degree.
- Capacity to analyse phenomena in an applied fashion.
- Capacity to identify and solve problems.
- Capacity to distinguish between, relate and place in order different working processes.
- Capacity to organise working time, attain learning results and communicate them appropriately.
- Capacity to work with multidisciplinary teams and use different communication strategies.
- Capacity to adapt to changes in work and study modes.
- Knowledge of the media.
- Knowledge of journalistic production formats.
- English at level B2.1 of the CEFR.
- Spanish at level B2.1 of the CEFR.
- An interest in carrying out a deeper analysis of the processes of mass communication.
- An interest in finding out about systems of media production linked to technology.
- An interest in finding out about different types of innovative journalism companies.
- An interest in finding out about different types of digital media narratives and practices.
- An interest in carrying out an external work placement in an information company.
- Have and understand knowledge that offers a base or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Know how to apply the knowledge acquired and capacity to solve problems in new or little known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the area of study.
- Capacity to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgements from information which, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements.
- Ability to transmit information, ideas, problems and solution to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Possession of learning abilities which allow for continued study which is largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Understand and analyse the trends and dynamics of change in the communicative, informative and regulatory ecosystem of the media company in the twenty-first century.
- Analyse and evaluate trends in the digital narration of information companies, and be able to propose alternatives for the construction of the story in a digital and interactive context.
- Know and evaluate the management and production processes for digital information content, proposing innovative solutions which involve the use of ICT.
- Design, create and develop digital strategies oriented to the positioning of journalistic content.
- Create and manage journalistic publications containing innovative elements from the applied introduction of ICT.
- Apply knowledge and experience through the development of a professional routine for journalistic production.
- Design, create and carry out projects of innovation and research in the area of journalism and digital communication.
- Apply tools of management, analysis, organisation and planning of information in accordance with objectives and specific information projects.
- Work in teams in a coordinated and collaborative manner and demonstrate skills for contributing to interdisciplinary teams.
- Adapt to new situations, have leadership ability and initiative, while maintaining creativity.
- Generate innovate and competitive proposals for applied research.
- Develop the ability to evaluate sex- and gender-based inequalities and design solutions