Admission Official Master's Degree in Journalism and Digital Content Innovation
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
- Graduates should preferably hold degrees in one of the following subjects: journalism, audiovisual communication, advertising, public relations or equivalent
- Business administration and management, anthropology, political science, law, economics, education, sociology or equivalent.
- Graduates in other subjects may also apply. In that case, consideration of the academic transcript by the coordinator will determine any bridging courses which need to be taken.
- English at level B.1 of the CEFR.
- In the case of foreign students whose mother tongue is not Spanish, they will be asked to accredit their knowledge of Spanish through the presentation of the DELE or SIELE certificate (level C1). Other language certificates will not be considered by the Master's degree Admission Committee.
Where there are more applicants than places the decision to offer a place will be based on the following criteria. The Master's degree Admission Committee will consider application (based on a 100 point scale) taking into account the following criteria in order of importance:
|Qualifications group||Academic transcript||Weighting|
|1. journalism, audiovisual communication, advertising, public relations or equivalent||A (with honours)||70 points|
|2. business administration and management, anthropology, political science, law, economics, education, sociology or equivalent||A (with honours)||60 points|
|3. Other qualifications||A (with honours)||40 points|
b. Postgraduate diploma Weighting (10 points)
|1. journalism, audiovisual communication, adverstising, public relations or equivalent||Master's degree or PhD||10 points|
|Postgraduate diploma||5 points|
|University courses||2 points|
|2. business administration and management, anthropology, political science, law, economis, education sociology or equivalent||Master's degree or PhD||8 points|
|Postgraduate diploma||3 points|
|3. Other qualifications||University courses||1 point|
|Master's degree or PhD||6 points|
|Posgraduate diploma||2 points|
d. A statement of interest motivation by the candidate (up to 20 points). Within this statement the Admissions Committee will look especially at knowledge of the Master's degree course (up to 10 points), the link between the candidates interests and the content of the course (up to 5 points), and any previous experience the candidate has with the content of the Master's degree (up to 5 points).