- Faculty of Science
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 5 courses - 330 credits
- Places: 20
- Admission mark: 13,566
- Price per credit: 25.04 euros
- Language: Catalan, Spanish and English
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The study plan of the double bachelor's degree in Physics and Mathematics will lead you to earn two degrees in five years.
- You will master the basic foundations of two sister areas: physics and mathematics, and acquire the tools and capacity for reasoning needed to understand nature and its interrelations in order to formulate further predictions.
- You will acquire a solid scientific basis and advanced knowledge in the latest scientific disciplines while studying in a quality international research environment.
- Your professional profile will meet the requirements for career options open to both Physics and Mathematics graduates.
- Your fifth year will be made up of optional credits.
- You will develop capacities in analysis, abstraction and critical reasoning, with a view on combining the methods and rigour of mathematics with the intuition and modelisation of physics.
- These skills provide graduates in Physics and Mathematics with a wide array of career options which will allow you to develop your professional career or continue on to more specialised programmes.
- You will be able to do an exchange programme at universities around the world and take part in work placements in research companies and institutions.
An important way to further your studies is to focus on university teaching and research.
In addition, graduates with a degree in primary sciences are highly valued in the fields of new technologies for their capacity of analysis, abstraction and rigorousness which allows them to adapt easily to realities that are constantly changing. Physical and mathematical models and tools are fundamental today in several sectors needing experts to develop and implement them such as in:
Companies with interdisciplinary research and development teams.
Financial and insurance institutions (assessment of derivatives, risk coverage, etc.).
Scientific/technical and IT consultancy services (optimisation of processes, communication networks, numerical methods, coding, cryptography, etc.).
Businesses and institutes working with statistics (quality control, exploratory analysis of data, etc.).
Computing and telecommunications.
Medicine (radioactive facilities, non-invasive exploration instruments).
Industries (optics, new materials).
Public administration (radiation protection, the environment, computing).
null Iván Sánchez
The degree forces you to reach your limits, and that is where you discover all your potential and the immensity of what you are doing. Laia Domingo