University entrance qualifications for EU citizens or bilateral agreements

If you are a citizen of one of the EU member states or of a country with a bilateral agreement, you can enrol in a university in Spain under the same conditions as Spanish students who have passed their university entrance exams if your qualifications also grant you entrance to a university in your home country. You may register to take the specific phase of the university entrance exams before obtaining the qualifications certifying that you are eligible for university studies in your home country.

Education systems: European Union member states, Switzerland, China, Island, Norway, Liechtenstein, European or International Baccalaureate.

Please check with the Spanish National University for Distance Education (UNED) for more information on requirements for your country. More information can be found at:
Once your documents have been validated by the UNED, you can pre-register for the studies you wish to enrol in at the University Access Office (Oficina d’Orientació per a l’Accés a la Universitat).
More information can be found at UNED:
Telephone +34 91 398 66 12
E-mail address:

Please bear in mind the following:

  • You cannot enter university through this route if you have already enrolled in a university in Spain.
  • Depending on the studies you wish to enrol in, you will first need to take a Personal Aptitude Test before being admitted.
  • There is no need for you to take a language level test before enrolling at UAB.
  • If you have taken both the Spanish university entrance exams (PAU) and entrance exams in your home country, only one of the entrance marks will be taken into account when admitting you to university.

If you wish to take the specific phase of the entrance exams, you must also obtain the corresponding certificate. In this case, you will first need to present the necessary documents before taking these exams.

Entrance mark
Entrance marks are calculated using the following formula:

Qualifications + (a x M1) + (b x M2)

Where a and b are the ponderation parameters of subjects corresponding to the specific phase.
M1 and M2 are the specific phase subjects in which you achieved the highest scores, as long as these subjects are directly related to the studies you are interested in enrolling.
Please bear in mind that to be able to ponder the subjects belonging to the specific phase, your mark must be a 5 or higher.
If no mark is specified in your certificate, your mark will count as a 5.