Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management
The Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management is offered at the University School of Tourism and Hotel Management. The degree provides students with the training needed in the hotel industry by combining lectures in management and administration of hotel businesses, catering and accommodation with specific and multidisciplinary skills.
The academic programme consists of sector-specific training and a high level of internationalization: students hace exchange options and can continue their studies abroad at more than 35 universities around the world, and receive tuition and certification in a minimum of two foreign languages.
See The Degree in Figures for stats about the degree.
In order to help students acquire the skills and competences they wish to apply in their future professional activities, the school has special facilities for practical classes, like tasting and demonstration classrooms, a job bank with 82% job placement and work placement agreements in more than 700 companies and institutions. There are two forms:
- External, following a rotation programme around the different business areas of the sector, both public and private, at national or international level.
- Internal training at the Hotel Campus, at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona's campus,, which gives the students the chance to gain real work experience under the supervision of hotel and catering industry teaching staff.
The Degree in Hotel Management offers two specialisations: Administration of International Hotel Groups and Administration of Catering Companies.
This degree is intended for those wishing to become versatile professionals in the hotel and catering industry. The ideal student for this degree should have the following qualities:
Good communicative, organisational and commercial skills.
Cooperative and willing to work in a team.
Markedly oriented towards excellence of service within the sector.
The versatility of graduates in Hotel Management means that they can work in many areas within the hotel and catering industry and other related sectors at management and business planning and set-up levels.
Management of hotels, inns, leisure centres, group catering, catering divisions of related businesses.
- Management of catering establishments and services.
Management of companies offering complementary services in tourist destinations.
- Management of companies involved in creating, distributing and selling products, and consultancy services.
- Department management: hospitality desk, banquets and conferences, restaurant service, human resources, purchase, sales, etc.
- Company start-up, entrepreneurship.
- Research in public and private institutions.
EvaluationContinuous assessment of all students' work (classwork, independent learning, tests, exams, practical assignments and work placements), with possibility of a single overall assessment.
TimetablesOne shift in the mornings and one in the afternoons.
Number of credits: 240
Duration: 4 years
Period of study: Six-monthly
Part-time or full-time: Full-time
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail