- Credits: 60 credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Closed
- Places: 30 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (40%), Spanish (40%) and English (20%)
- Mode: Semi-online (1S Online and 2S Classroom-based)
Faculty of Psychology
- Attention, due to the health emergency, this master will be taught in "non-classroom" mode during the first semester of the next 2021/2022 edition and in classroom mode during the second semester, if the health situation allows it.
- Two prestigious universities, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the Universitat Ramon Llull, offer you the opportunity to share learning spaces with great professionals while you acquire competences in the field of speech and language disorders.
- The programme includes the participation of lecturers experts in the subjects, members of the various teaching departments, and in collaboration with professional speech therapists and other prestigious specialists and professionals with experience in the different fields of speech and language disorders.
- The master's degree offers the possibility of enrolling in up to 12 work placement credits in healthcare centres (renowned hospitals) and education centres (Creda's) and up to 12 research placement credits, as well as updated information in neurobiology, research methods, oral and written language disorders, speech, voice and neurodevelopmental disorders and hearing impairments.
- The system of optional credits allows you to choose from multiple combinations which can be more or less focalised.
- With this master's degree you will also be able to continue your research training by going onto PhD programmes offered by any university.
Career optionsThe master's degree provides students with the skills needed to conduct research, evaluations and interventions in the field of communication and language disorders, not only regarding their effects on those suffering from these disorders but also in the educational environments in which they find themselves, always from a professional perspective based on the prior training of the student. For example, graduates in speech therapy and psychology will be prepared to form part of multidisciplinary groups aiding students with communication disorders, as well as in hospital units working with patients presenting different types of language difficulties. Other specialists taking this master's degree will acquire advanced training in this field of knowledge which will allow them to improve their professional and research activities.
The main professional options for specialists in communication and language disorders include:
• Private Speech Therapist.
• Development Centres for Precocious Children (CDIAP).
• Health institutes of the private sector.
• Mental health rehabilitation services for adults (day centres).
• Special education centres for children and adolescents.
• Resource centres for the hearing impaired, run by the Government of Catalonia (CREDA).
• Centres and workshops for people with disabilities and special needs.
• Social and health centres and elderly care homes.
• Associations focused on communication pathologies.
• Neuropsychological diagnosis and rehabilitation units.
• Social welfare centres for children and adolescents in risk of social exclusion.
• Educational action residential centres (Centres Residencials d'Acció Educativa)
• Psychological first aid centres (Primers Auxilis Psicològics).
• Management and health planning services.
• Research: universities and research centres/institutes.
• Training, teaching and supervising future professionals.
• Direction, administration and/or management tasks: collaboration in tasks within the health system.