- Credits: 60 credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2022
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Closed
- Places: 30 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (40%), Spanish (40%) and English (20%)
- Mode: Classroom-based
Faculty of Psychology
In process of extinction
Career optionsThe master's degree provides students with the skills needed to conduct research, evaluations and interventions in the field of communication and language disorders, not only regarding their effects on those suffering from these disorders but also in the educational environments in which they find themselves, always from a professional perspective based on the prior training of the student. For example, graduates in speech therapy and psychology will be prepared to form part of multidisciplinary groups aiding students with communication disorders, as well as in hospital units working with patients presenting different types of language difficulties. Other specialists taking this master's degree will acquire advanced training in this field of knowledge which will allow them to improve their professional and research activities.
The main professional options for specialists in communication and language disorders include:
• Private Speech Therapist.
• Development Centres for Precocious Children (CDIAP).
• Health institutes of the private sector.
• Mental health rehabilitation services for adults (day centres).
• Special education centres for children and adolescents.
• Resource centres for the hearing impaired, run by the Government of Catalonia (CREDA).
• Centres and workshops for people with disabilities and special needs.
• Social and health centres and elderly care homes.
• Associations focused on communication pathologies.
• Neuropsychological diagnosis and rehabilitation units.
• Social welfare centres for children and adolescents in risk of social exclusion.
• Educational action residential centres (Centres Residencials d'Acció Educativa)
• Psychological first aid centres (Primers Auxilis Psicològics).
• Management and health planning services.
• Research: universities and research centres/institutes.
• Training, teaching and supervising future professionals.
• Direction, administration and/or management tasks: collaboration in tasks within the health system.