Master's Degree in Laboratory Animal Science and Welfare (English)
IntroductionThe program aims to provide the necessary expertise in all relevant areas in laboratory animal science that allows professional excellence and specialization.
Specifically, the program is designed for veterinary or other specialists responsibly in situ of the welfare and care of animals, or with functions as designated veterinarian.
Each module / course can be completed independently and some of them lead to obtaining accreditation for other functions such as performing procedures, project and procedures design or project evaluation.
If the entire program is completed, the student will get sufficient training to obtain recognition on all the personnel functions described in Directive EU63 / 2010 and is the RD 53/2013.
Objectives- The program follows the FELASA guidelines for specialist training in Laboratory Animal Science (These guidelines are published and are available at the address www.felasa.eu) and the Working document on the development of a common education and training framework to fulfil the requirements under the Directive from National Competent Authorities for the implementation of Directive 2010/63/EU on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes http://ec.europa.eu/environment/chemicals/lab_animals/pdf/Endorsed_E-T.pdf.
- The programme aims to educate and train in all and each of the relevant areas of the Animal Experimentation: ethical evaluation, resource management, experimental models, anesthesia, analgesia and euthanasia, experimental design, refinement of surgical techniques, non-invasive techniques, diagnostic methods , laboratory animal diseases: diagnosis and control.
- To introduce students to the Research in biomedicine from a practical approach.
Degree in biology, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy or other university graduates in other disciplines including zoology, anatomy and physiology animals and having a job related to the field of animal experimentation.
- Responsible of animal facility
- Advisor in animal welfare
- Responsible in situ of welfare of experimental animals
- Director of studies in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Designated veterinarian
- Specialist in experimental animals
- Member of ethics committees and other bodies responsible for animal experimentation
Patrocinio Vergara Esteras
UAB-specific Master's Degree10% discount Alumni Premium
Special price: 15120¤
Group of application:
Location: Facultat de Veterinària. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 01/10/2019 to 15/06/2022
Facultad de Veterinaria
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Inmunología
Parc Científic de Barcelona
Universidad Autonoma de Mexico
Universidad de la Plata
Centro de Investigación Principe Felipe
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas "Alberto Sols"
Centre Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona
Institut de Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge
Vall d'Hebron Institut de Recerca
Centre Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas
Welcome Trust Sanger Institute
Hospital la Paz
Universidad de Valencia
Universidad Miguel Hernández
Internacional Council for Laboratory Animal Science
Laboratory Animals Limited
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.