- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2264/20
- 20th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Start date: 01/10/2021
- Finish date: 15/06/2024
- Places: 45
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 17180 €
Special price 14603 €
Group of application:
Special price 15462 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: English
- Location: Facultat de Veterinària. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Specifically, the program is designed for veterinary or other specialists responsibly in situ of the welfare and care of animals, or with functions as designated veterinarian.
Each module / course can be completed independently and some of them lead to obtaining accreditation for other functions such as performing procedures, project and procedures design or project evaluation.
If the entire program is completed, the student will get sufficient training to obtain recognition on all the personnel functions described in Directive EU63 / 2010 and is the RD 53/2013.
Career opportunities- Responsible of animal facility
- Advisor in animal welfare
- Responsible in situ of welfare of experimental animals
- Director of studies in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Designated veterinarian
- Specialist in experimental animals
- Member of ethics committees and other bodies responsible for animal experimentation
- This training, accounting for 15 ECTs, takes place in the student's own work place and is supervised by Master course teachers. The training is supplemented with placements in other animal centers which satisfy the requirements for practical training for the Master course.
- Each student must prepare a detailed written description of their workplace and their tasks performed. The student's Master tutor will establish a plan for monitoring and evaluating the student's work. Depending on the amount of time that the student is able to dedicate to specific tasks, the variety of species housed in their center and the diversity of tasks, the Master coordinator may assign additional tasks to supplement the training.
- To ensure that students have experience in all areas of the Master syllabus, students are required to complete a practical placement in a different animal center to the one they work in focusing on areas in which they need experience.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Inmunología
Facultad de Veterinaria
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas "Alberto Sols"
Centre Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona
Institut de Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge
Vall d'Hebron Institut de Recerca
Centre Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas
Welcome Trust Sanger Institute
Hospital la Paz
Universidad de Valencia
Universidad Miguel Hernández
Internacional Council for Laboratory Animal Science
Laboratory Animals Limited
Centro de Investigación Principe Felipe
Universidad de la Plata
Parc Científic de Barcelona
Universidad Autonoma de Mexico
Patrocinio Vergara Esteras