- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1487/15
- 15th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 70 ECTS
- Start date: 23/01/2021
- Finish date: 05/11/2022
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 5180 ¤
Special price 4662 ¤
Group of application:
Special price 4921 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish (90%), English (8%), French (1%), Italian (1%)
- Location: Casa de Convalescència, C/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret 171, Barcelona
Criminology or forensic science is the set of disciplines that focus on judicial evidence-gathering through a scientific methodology.
The master's degree programme in Criminology is profession-oriented, and uses case studies to introduce its students to the reality of criminology and train them to write reports in support of criminal investigations.
- Learn about info-analysis systems to enhance and speed up the expert's intervention.
- Learn to prepare, evaluate and issue scientific expert reports in the principal forensic specialties.
- Learn to practise as a licensed court expert in the following areas:
- Civil, social, employment and criminal jurisdictions, duty rota, court designation.
- Matters of criminology, police scientists and criminal intelligence.
- Learn to work as a specialist with justice departments, collect evidence and write up reports by designation of the courts, and defend these in judicial proceedings.
Career opportunities- Professional criminalists by appointment of the legitimate party in court procedures in matters of technical-ocular, print identification techniques, ballistics, instrumental traces, accidentology and other areas of forensic sciences that are not specifically linked to other degrees.
- Criminalist consultant for institutions or agencies, assessment of procedures, methodologies, reports in the general area of criminology and the area of specialization of the professional.
- Professional criminalists, experts in physical and virtual research, forgery, plagiarism, etc.
- Specialist in document examination and legal expertise in intellectual and industrial property for judicial purposes.
- Listed as court appointed criminalist in judicial procedures.
- Pre-procedural or extra judicial reports and certifications, collaboration with private and public institutions and organisations, professional associations, businesses and entities to fight against fraud in intellectual and industrial property.
The student who successfully completes this programme earns recognition from the professional associations in agreement with the Institute of Graphism Sciences and the Institutional Council of Professors and Directors of Forensic Science Laboratories, with all the advantages established by these institutions for the students of ICG proposed programmes (court appointment list, job board listings, discounts, etc.).
Students may undertake voluntary placements regulated by formal agreement with companies in any sector, provided the offer is made by the company and the work is related to the students' courses and serves to give them practical experience as a complement to these.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community. The portal includes aids offered by UAB and calls from other institutions that may be an interest for students...
In this website you will find a specific page for UAB-specific master's degrees and graduate diplomas' grants.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Institut de Ciències del Grafisme