- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 3804/9
- 9th edition
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 10 ECTS
- Start date: 18/10/2021
- Finish date: 18/12/2021
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 930 €
Special price 884 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Escola Universitària de Turisme i Direcció Hotelera, UAB,Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Before internet and other new technologies, the tourism and hotels sector used to set annual tariffs based on the different occupation periods: low-season, mid-season and high-season). Nowadays, advances in technology have allowed these companies to commercialise their product directly online, which makes them more visible and creates a highly competitive environment.
Managing hospitality and catering businesses is complex: there are high fixed costs to be met and their product is perishable and cannot be stored, which means that mistakes in commercialisation can lead to loss of revenue.
Revenue management techniques allow tourism firms to analyse large volumes of data and predict demand, thus maximising both their revenues and their profitability.
This course will train you in
- Operational responsibility: analysis, planning, development and execution of strategies to commercialise the product for the right client, and at the right time and price.
- The principal strategies in revenue management (forecasting, benchmarking, pricing, demand, competition, segmentation and overbooking).
- Applying revenue management models for each type of tourist accommodation.
- Leading teams that operate within the culture of revenue management.
The course adopts a 4-Learning methodology, in which students can organise their studies around their own needs and timeframes.
- Students on bachelor's degrees in Hotel Management or Tourism.
- Those wishing to get started in the world of revenue management.
- Professionals in the tourism and hotels sector.
I've got the knowledge I need to compete for a job as a revenue manager thanks to this specialist course.Josep Lionel
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Universitaria de Turismo y Dirección Hotelera
Laura Lizbeth Martinez Almuina