- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 3451/13
- 13th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 2 ECTS
- Start date: 27/01/2021
- Finish date: 24/02/2021
- Places: 20
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 160 ¤
Special price 130 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
ContentsModule 1 Introduction.
Module 2 Legislation.
Module 3 Theoretical Aspects.
Interview Techniques .
- Active listening .
- Risks in the interview.
- The myths of statements.
- Specific techniques for interviews and statements.
“Deduction funnel” technique.
Structure of victim statements and testimony according to the “deduction funnel” technique.
Structure of suspect interviews according to the “deduction funnel” technique.
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).
Application of NLP to witness statements.
- Cognitive interviewingt echniques.
Application of CI to witness statements.
Statements as a communication process.
Lie detection techniques.
- Motives for lying.
- Types of lies.
- Classification of liars according to DSM IV.
- Non-verbal behaviour in the deceit process.
- Verbal behaviour in the deceit process.
- Application of specific techniques to detect deceptive behaviour during interviews with suspects.
- Factors that justify a confession.
- Stages and basic rules of conducting an interrogation.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community. The portal includes aids offered by UAB and calls from other institutions that may be an interest for students...
In this website you will find a specific page for UAB-specific master's degrees and graduate diplomas' grants.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Francesc Gómez Macià