UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 3451/15
- 15th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 2 ECTS
- Start date: 05/10/2021
- Finish date: 02/11/2021
- Places: 21
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 160 €
Special price 130 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Police and private security officers' handling of statement-taking and interviews with crime victims, witnesses and suspects is generally a critical element in investigations. Although conventional procedures are applied in such situations, there is a lack of systematic studies on statement-taking techniques.
To be effective in their work, police and security officers need to master certain techniques that go beyond mere experience or intuition, to conduct interviews effectively and detect possible deceptive behaviours.
This course includes demonstrations of statement-taking techniques in line with the training system used by the National Academy of the FBI.
ContentsModule 1 Introduction.
Module 2 Legislation.
Module 3 Theoretical Aspects.
Interview Techniques .
- Active listening .
- Risks in the interview.
- The myths of statements.
- Specific techniques for interviews and statements.
Deduction funnel technique.
Structure of victim statements and testimony according to the deduction funnel technique.
Structure of suspect interviews according to the deduction funnel technique.
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).
Application of NLP to witness statements.
- Cognitive interviewingt echniques.
Application of CI to witness statements.
Statements as a communication process.
Lie detection techniques.
- Motives for lying.
- Types of lies.
- Classification of liars according to DSM IV.
- Non-verbal behaviour in the deceit process.
- Verbal behaviour in the deceit process.
- Application of specific techniques to detect deceptive behaviour during interviews with suspects.
- Factors that justify a confession.
- Stages and basic rules of conducting an interrogation.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Francesc Gómez Macià