- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS credits
Course begins on 23/09/2020
Course ends on 28/05/2021
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 10/01/2020
See the calendar
- Places: 20 places
Price: EU students: € 79 per credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
Non-EU students: € 99 per credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
5% disc. Alumni FUABformació (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course)
10% disc. Alumni Premium (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course) Best students’ award: upon completion of the Master, students with better marks will receive a prize of € 1500. A prize will be awarded for every five students.
- Language: Spanish (80%) and Catalan (20%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Escola Fundació Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formació
Place: CREAF. Edifici C. Campus UAB. 08193 Cerdanyola del Vallès. Tel. 935 811 312. www.creaf.cat
The techniques of remote sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are essential for studying the Earth and managing its resources, for both academic and business purposes, in such varied fields as the following.
- Instruments: satellites, drones, GPS systems.
- Geographical information: cartographic institutes, Bing and Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, etc.
- Cataloguing data and metadata in spatial data infrastructures.
- Software, such as the free programme MiraMon.
This programme has a scientific and technical orientation and gives training in Earth-observation techniques, and in the generation and analysis of information for studying the territory and managing its resources through GIS. It is taught in collaboration with CREAF, GRUMETS, Miramon and Copernicus Academy.
Graduates interested in the fundamental principles and application of remote sensing and/or GIS within these disciplines:
- Geography, Biology, Environmental Science, Geology, Geodesy, Topography, Agricultural Engineering and others related to environmental and regional management.
- Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Telecommunication Engineering.
Classes are taught at the CREAF classroom, which has computers connected to the Anella Científica telecommunications network, and the most widely used specialist software in academic and professional contexts: MiraMon, ENVI, ArcGis, Erdas- Hexagon.
- Specialist in remote sensing and GIS in private companies or public authorities that make wide use of GIS and need personnel with advanced knowledge to manage geospatial data on a daily basis
- .Researcher in both methods and in remote sensing and GIS applications at universities and research centres.
In Latin America there aren't many master's degree programmes on remote sensing. I looked at a few options and decided on the Autònoma. Their programme looked really good.Luis Ángel Ávila
Specific grants for this master's degree
Information on calls for grants, prizes or subsidies aimed at the university community can be found on the UAB grants portal. This portal includes all grants offered at the UAB, plus certain calls from other institutions.
The portal has a specific section for official master's degree grants.
Best students’ award: upon completion of the Master, students with better marks will receive a prize of € 1500. A prize will be awarded for every five students.