- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS credits
Course begins on 07/10/2021
Course ends on 27/05/2022
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 20 places
Price: EU students: € 79 per credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
Non-EU students: € 99 per credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
5% disc. Alumni FUABformació (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course)
10% disc. Alumni Premium (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course) Best students’ award: upon completion of the Master, students with better marks will receive a prize of € 1500. A prize will be awarded for every five students.
- Language: Spanish (80%) and Catalan (20%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Escola Fundació Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formació
Place: UAB Foundation, Edifici Blanc, Campus UAB. 08193 Cerdanyola del Vallès. Tel. 93 592 97 10. How to get there
The techniques of remote sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are essential for studying the Earth and managing its resources, for both academic and business purposes, in such varied fields as the following.
- Instruments: satellites, drones, GPS systems.
- Geographical information: cartographic institutes, Bing and Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, etc.
- Cataloguing data and metadata in spatial data infrastructures.
- Software, such as the free programme MiraMon.
This programme has a scientific and technical orientation and gives training in Earth-observation techniques, and in the generation and analysis of information for studying the territory and managing its resources through GIS. It is taught in collaboration with CREAF, GRUMETS, Miramon and Copernicus Academy.
Graduates interested in the fundamental principles and application of remote sensing and/or GIS within these disciplines:
- Geography, Biology, Environmental Science, Geology, Geodesy, Topography, Agricultural Engineering and others related to environmental and regional management.
- Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Telecommunication Engineering.
In the 2020-21 academic year, the master's degree is taught both in classroom-based modality and in streaming.
The face-to-face classes are held in the Edifici Blanc (UAB Foundation headquarters, Vila Universitària area), which has computers with a connection through the Anella Científica and the most used specialized software in the academic and professional world (MiraMon , ENVI, ArcGis, Erdas-Hexagon).
- Specialist in remote sensing and GIS in private companies or public authorities that make wide use of GIS and need personnel with advanced knowledge to manage geospatial data on a daily basis
- .Researcher in both methods and in remote sensing and GIS applications at universities and research centres.
In Latin America there aren't many master's degree programmes on remote sensing. I looked at a few options and decided on the Autònoma. Their programme looked really good.Luis Ángel Ávila
Specific grants for this master's degree
Information on calls for grants, prizes or subsidies aimed at the university community can be found on the UAB grants portal. This portal includes all grants offered at the UAB, plus certain calls from other institutions.
The portal has a specific section for official master's degree grants.
Best students’ award: upon completion of the Master, students with better marks will receive a prize of € 1500. A prize will be awarded for every five students.