Official Master's Degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering
The master's degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering, worth 90 ECTS credits, is a master's degree which combines the synergies of two emerging disciplines with a very promising future: Biological Engineering and Environmental Engineering. Both are studied in depth from the point of view of a Chemical Engineer.
The overall objective of the master's degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering is to train professionals and researchers who are capable of integrating advanced concepts in chemical engineering into the design of solutions for the research, development and operation of processes using microorganisms and their biological components in the areas of industrial biotechnology and environmental engineering.
You will acquire the training needed to form part of businesses from the biotechnological and/or environmental sector with the aim of improving the existing services by offering an innovative view with a solid base in chemical engineering. Professionally, you will be capable of designing efficient and sustainable effluent and residue treatment systems, planning and controlling environmental management systems and applying molecular biology and methodological principles which support microorganisms for applications in the biotechnological sector.
Once you complete the master's degree you will be able to work both in the (public and private) research sector and in the industrial production sector in several branches, such as:
- Industrial biotechnology: environmentally sustainable production of chemical and pharmaceutical products, materials and bioenergy.
- Food Industries: food biotechnology, fermentative processes, nutriceutical, functional foods, development of new products.
- Pharmaceutical industry: R&D departments, biologically active products, biotechnological production of drugs.
- Biomedicine: bioengineering, biomaterials, biomedical research.
- Agriculture industry: cultivations for industrial productions.
- The environment: treatment plant facilities, environmental quality control, minimisation of effects on the environment, design and development of environmental restoration techniques, management of environmental quality.
- Energy: biofuels, renewable sources, biotransformations.
Teaching timetableSee timetable here
Campus virtual and other areasLink to the services of the Autonomous Interactive teacher here
Foreign and exchange students
Credits: 90 ECTS credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 12/01/2018
See the calendar
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail