Content Official Master's Degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering
- Describe the basic principles that govern biological and environmental engineering.
- Analyse the functions and determine the main uses of the tools available in the fields of biological engineering and environmental engineering to offer sustainable, innovative solutions to society’s needs and demands of society.
- Compile the most suitable key elements, methods, equations and systems for solving problems of a diverse and complex nature using the typical instruments of biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Recognise the ethical, economic, legal, gender and environmental dimensions of a project, process or product in biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Critically analyse the principles, values and procedures that govern professional practice.
- Report the knowledge, results and conclusions obtained from one’s own work on the development of a process or product and justify the decisions behind it to specialised and non-specialised audiences in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner.
- Search, compare, critically analyse and summarise information obtained from databases and other sources to solve complex problems in one’s specialist area.
- Use suitable IT instruments to complement knowledge in the field of biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Identify the need for one’s own continuing training and address it independently through autonomous and self-managed work.
- Design complex applications and processes for problem-solving in new environments and in potentially broad or multidisciplinary contexts.
- Plan the different activities related to the resolution of a task assigned as part of a work group, while properly managing time and resources, regardless of the team members’ previous training.
- Apply the scientific method, and specific techniques and resources to investigate and produce innovative results in the field of biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and the ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Design innovation and research processes and projects that require the use of the typical theoretical models, techniques and instruments of biological engineering and environmental engineering.
- Apply the methods, tools and strategies to carry out biological engineering and/or environmental engineering projects while observing energy-saving and sustainability criteria.
- Integrate and use the tools of chemical engineering, biological engineering and environmental engineering to design biological systems focused on the sustainable treatment of waste and/or industrial biotechnology processes.