- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Course begins on 13/10/2020
Course ends on 30/07/2021
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 30 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (10%), Spanish (80%) English (10%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Communication Studies
The master's degree in Media, Communication and Culture provides students with the conceptual tools needed to analyse and understand from a critical viewpoint the main problems existing in the interaction between communication, society and culture in a context of accelerated transformations in the media.
The programme provides broad and solid theoretical and methodological knowledge with which you can begin an academic career in communication, as well as professional guidance if you are interested in expanding your knowledge and skills in the field of journalism and the mass media. All this from a cultural and humanistic viewpoint which aims to pose and debate the most important current issues affecting us as individuals, society and culture.
The master's degree was also conceived with the aim of offering specifically international training, given that its design was created with the contribution of lecturers and professionals from several countries as part of a network of Latin American faculties of communication. The network not only benefits the transfer of ideas and wealth of knowledge, it also fosters the exchange of lecturers and students participating in the programme.
Career optionsThis graduate programme gives you the possibility of entering the PhD programme in Media, Communication and Culture, and therefore is the gateway to an academic career in Communication Studies. At the same time, it trains professionals with the skills needed to design and direct innovative research projects in the field of communication and, in a broader sense, in cultural policies. Finally, if you are interested in pursuing a professional career in journalism, you will gain additional training which will provide you with the ability to produce complex and quality journalism and transmit the various transformations undergone by society. Therefore, career options for graduates of the master's degree are:
- Professionals of the academic field, both in universities and in secondary schools or vocational training centres, in sectors which are increasingly growing and demand good professionals.
- Professionals in the political or structural management of communication and cultural issues, for both private and public businesses, associations, cooperatives and other types of entities. This is a sector which has been greatly transformed by the exponential growth of social networks and has the need for critically-minded professionals with solid training, capable of analysing, understanding, and finally meeting the communication needs of social actors.
- Professionals in journalism interested in carrying out their job in today's scenario of changes within the communication systems.
As professionals, the acquired concepts provide us with a critical vision, through which we can exercise our profession based on a deontology. UAB offers you a relationship with direct and personalized teachers. Irene Aguilar