Content Official Master's Degree in School Library and Reading Promotion
UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
Ideal student profile
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Contextualise professional activity in the reading habits of today's society and in the processes of school-based learning.
- Detect reading and information needs in school or other community contexts.
- Design, plan and evaluate library, school and community reading projects that are appropriate to their context.
- Master the systems used in the library for information processing and organising printed and digital resources.
- Manage the collection, resources and services of the library.
- Detect, assess and select fiction and non-fiction resources that are suited to the different types of recipients of educational or promotional interventions .
- Link up and promote reading and cultural activities, both internal and external, using the appropriate tools.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired on the course to the real world and gain familiarity with workplace duties and tasks.
- Develop strategies for innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship in the context of school libraries and reading promotion.
- Master the use of ICT and apply it to management and promotion processes in a library 2.0. context.
- Develop cooperation strategies for working in teams.
- Incorporate ICT for learning, communicating and sharing in education.
- Develop communication and inter-personal skills needed to manage projects involving the different members of the educational community.
- Develop professional values that include ethical work practices.