Official Master's Degree in School Library and Reading Promotion
Online Fair of UAB Master's and Graduate Degrees
Information sessions will be offered online from 22 to 26 February: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of the master's degree or graduate programme. Check the sessions scheduled and sign up for the ones you are interested in!
Ideal student profile
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Contextualise professional activity in the reading habits of today's society and in the processes of school-based learning.
- Detect reading and information needs in school or other community contexts.
- Design, plan and evaluate library, school and community reading projects that are appropriate to their context.
- Master the systems used in the library for information processing and organising printed and digital resources.
- Manage the collection, resources and services of the library.
- Detect, assess and select fiction and non-fiction resources that are suited to the different types of recipients of educational or promotional interventions .
- Link up and promote reading and cultural activities, both internal and external, using the appropriate tools.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired on the course to the real world and gain familiarity with workplace duties and tasks.
- Develop strategies for innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship in the context of school libraries and reading promotion.
- Master the use of ICT and apply it to management and promotion processes in a library 2.0. context.
- Develop cooperation strategies for working in teams.
- Incorporate ICT for learning, communicating and sharing in education.
- Develop communication and inter-personal skills needed to manage projects involving the different members of the educational community.
- Develop professional values that include ethical work practices.