Ideal student profile
This master's degee is aimed at university graduates who want to specialise in a business activity with excellent prospects in this country. It is also for business-persons and public or private sector managers whose work involves, partially or totally, organising and coordinating meetings, conferences, sports events, etc. The following qualities are needed: an ability to innovate, organisation, planning skills, communication skills and an ability to work across disciplines and in teams. Also, there is a requirement for fluent speaking and writing skills in English, at least at Level B1 of the Common European Framework for Languages.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously.
- Identify the actors and the fundamental concepts of event tourism in order to analyse current data on the sector and be able to detect new trends.
- Plan and manage the different types of activities necessary in organising an event: design, commercialisation, production and evaluation.
- Design and plan communication and marketing actions for an event, taking into account the vision of the company commissioning it.
- Manage the marketing of an event, taking into account the different methods for measuring return on investment in events.
- Analyse and apply the leadership and communication skills needed to manage individuals and groups in one's charge, and those of organisational communication.
- Plan and implement sectoral analyses and business plans in the field of event tourism.
- Recognise and interpret the role and competences of sponsors in order to analyse the structure of a sponsorship plan and its legal ramifications.
- Plan and organise venues and management interventions on the basis of critical analysis and synthesis.
- Acquire teamwork and leadership capacities.
- Adapt to new situations, showing initiative in developing innovative and competitive strategies.