Content Official Master's Degree in Computer Vision
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 20th to the 24th of February. Registration is open!
Ideal student profile
- students who have graduated in any branch of Engineering, Mathematics or Physics, or have an equivalent qualification, and are looking to specialise in order to begin a technology-related career;
- students who are already working in this field and wish to refresh their knowledge;
- students wanting to undertake a PhD thesis in this field.
- Knowledge of mathematics equivalent at least to that of engineering students (Algebra, Signal Theory, Basic Image Processing, Probability and Statistics)
- Knowledge of programming in prototyping languages like Matlab or Python.
- A minimum English level of B1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, in comprehension, writing and speaking.
- Motivation to deal with complex problems.
- Time management skills.
- Empathy, to be able to work well in teams.
- Strong commitment.
- Flexibility and creativity dealing with results.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomousl.
- Identify concepts and apply the most appropriate fundamental techniques for solving basic problems in computer vision.
- Conceptualise alternatives to complex solutions for vision problems and create prototypes to show the validity of the system proposed.
- Choose the most suitable software tools and training sets for developing solutions to problems in computer vision.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and manage solutions for projects in the different areas of computer vision.
- Define and apply in detail the process of technology transfer for innovation in the field of computer vision.
- Apply the research methodology, choose the techniques and information sources and organise the specific resources for research in the field of computer vision.
- Recognise the human, economic, legal and ethical dimension of the profession and show a clear commitment to quality in the objectives.
- Understand, analyse and synthesise advanced knowledge in the area, and put forward innovative ideas.
- Accept responsibilities for information and knowledge management.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams.