Content Official Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies in Environmental, Economic and Social Sustainability
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
Ideal student profileTypical students of this master's degree should be concerned about sustainable development and able to work in multidisciplinary international teams. They should also be committed to working to improve the environment in any sphere: science, technology or management.
Students need previous training in areas related to environmental, experimental, technical or social sciences, and good English.
Professional experience in environmental contexts will be taken into account.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Apply knowledge of environmental and ecological economics to the analysis and interpretation of environmental problem areas.
- Analyse, summarise, organise and plan projects related to the environmental improvement of product, processes and services
- Apply knowledge of environmental engineering to purification and decontamination in different environments
- Analyse how the Earth functions on a global scale in order to understand and interpret environmental changes on the global and local scales.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and methodologies of environmental, economic and social sustainability to the planning and control of environmental management policies and projects.
- Apply specific methodologies, techniques and resources to conduct research and produce innovative results in the area of Environmental Studies.
- Seek out information in the scientific literature using appropriate channels, and use this information to formulate and contextualise research in environmental sciences.
- Communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Work in an international, multidisciplinary context.