Content Official Master's Degree in Paediatric Physiotherapy
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with the programmes' directions. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
Ideal student profileThe Master's degree in Paediatrics offers specialist professional training alongside research aimed at graduates in physiotherapy who want to extend their knowledge in the area of physiotherapy in paediatrics with the objective of offering more efficient care.
The student profile for this qualification is as follows:
Capacity for team work and planning.
Capacity for innovation.
Capacity for communication and empathy.
Capacity for synthesis.
Rigour and methodical work.
Capacity to adapt to changing situations.
Maximum respect for people's privacy.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously.
- Recognise and differentiate in depth anatomical and physiological changes and changes in childhood development.
- Identify the most frequent neurological, respiratory and motor pathologies in paediatrics.
- Assess the paediatric patient using procedures and instruments that have been validated and are proved to be reliable in physiotherapy with the aims of determining their limitations in relation to posture and movement and their functional implications.
- Design an advanced intervention plan in physiotherapy adjusted to the clinic and the needs of the child patient, taking into account the age and environment in which the physiotherapy will take place as well as aspects of the patient’s culture of origin.
- Apply, revise and adapt different procedures, methods and techniques for paediatric physiotherapy treatment.
- Indicate the most effective measures for the prevention of illness in each clinical situation according to the paediatric physiotherapy intervention.
- Apply scientific methods in the planning and resolution of complex clinical problems in the different areas of intervention and research in paediatric physiotherapy.
- Use the necessary methodological bases to plan, design and carry out experimental and research projects aimed at clinical practice in paediatric physiotherapy, health and social and educational inclusion for children with disabilities.
- Analyse, synthesise and take reasoned decisions with a critical sense for the different actions involved in paediatric physiotherapy.
- Solve problems arising in professional practice and research.
- Plan working protocols through information searches in the scientific literature.
- Take and demonstrate responsibility for professional practice in therapeutic interventions.
- Develop sufficient autonomy to be able to participate in interdisciplinary research projects and scientific collaboration, and transfer the results..