Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Advertising and Public Relations
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethic relevant issues.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Differentiate the discipline’s main theories, fields, conceptual developments, theoretical frameworks and approaches that lay the foundations for the discipline’s knowledge and its different areas and sub-areas, as well as its value for professional practice by means of specific cases.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the media’s social impact.
- Identify modern communication traditions in Catalonia, Spain and worldwide and their specific forms of expression, as well as their historic development and the theories and concepts that study them.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of Catalonia’s socio-communicative reality in the Spanish, European and global context.
- Manage persuasive communication creatively.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the narrative and expressive characteristics of a creative advertising message.
- Set communication objectives and design strategies that are suited to the dialogue between brands and consumers.
- Analyse market data (competition and brand image) to develop a communication plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of management theories in the management of advertising companies and organisations.
- Apply creative techniques in writing advertisements.
- Use different theories and techniques in the graphic composition of texts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the narrative and expressive characteristics of audiovisual languages.
- Use a third language as a working language and means of professional expression in the media
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and functions of the technological context that plays a role in the advertising communication process.
- Use the different analysis methods and tools that are common in communication research.
- Relay complex concepts and data simply, using conventional tools for presenting and publicly disclosing research findings.
- Apply the knowledge of various social science disciplines to the study of culture as a parameter for organising markets, in the field of advertising as the main system of persuasive communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislation developed in the field of social communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the psychological fundamentals of persuasive communication (attention, memory, interest, processes of idea association, conviction and desire).
- Describe the main consumption and lifestyle trends of modern societies in Western markets.
- Express oneself fluently and effectively in the two official languages, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the professional and economic structure of the media’s business system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of photographic composition theories.
- Make the knowledge and innovations in the area known publicly.
- Rigorously apply scientific thinking.
- Use one's imagination with flexibility, originality and ease.
- Use advanced technologies for optimum professional development.
- Research, select and arrange in hierarchical order all kind of sources and useful documents for the development of advertising messages.
- Show leadership, negotiation and team-working capacity, as well as problem-solving skills.
- Manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate a self-learning and self-demanding capacity to ensure an efficient job.