Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Data Engineering
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethical relevant issues.
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Design efficient algorithmic solutions to computational problems, implement them in the form of robust software developments which are structured and easy to maintain, and verify their validity.
- Conceive, design and implement efficient and secure data storage systems.
- Transmit data with efficiency, precision and security.
- Handle large volumes of heterogeneous data.
- Use the concepts and methods of algebra, differential and integral calculus, numerical methods, statistics and optimisation necessary for solving engineering problems.
- Use techniques of probability and statistics to analyse and model complex phenomena and solve optimisation problems.
- Analyse data efficiently for the development of smart systems with the capacity for autonomous learning and/or data mining.
- Understand visualisation techniques for big data and be able to select the most adequate for analysis.
- Understand the concepts of company, institutional and legal framework of the company, company organisation and management.
- Use concepts and methods of physics and electronics necessary for solving problems deriving from the acquisition of structural data.
- Conceive, design and implement the most appropriate data acquisition system for the specific problem to be solved.
- Conceive, design and implement smart systems for autonomous leaning and predictive capacity systems.
- Conceive, design and implement efficient applications for the analysis and management of big data.
- Make adequate representations of information both from a computational and a mathematical viewpoint.
- Produce, present and defend work consist of a project in the field of data engineering in which the competences acquired in the degree course are synthesised and included.
- Work cooperatively in complex and uncertain environments and with limited resources in a multidisciplinary context, assuming and respecting the role of the different members of the group.
- Search, select and manage information and knowledge responsibly.
- Develop critical thinking and reasoning and know how to communicate it effectively in both your own language and in English.
- Generate innovative and competitive proposals in professional activity and research.
- Prevent and solve problems, adapt to unforeseen situations and take decisions.
- Make a critical evaluation of work carried out.
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards ethical, social and environmental topics.
- Plan and manage the available time and resources.