- Faculty of Science
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 5 courses - 343 credits
- Places: 20
- Admission mark: 12,877
- Price per credit: 25.04
- Language: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The double degree in Physics and Chemistry contains a unique study plan within Catalonia which permits you to obtain two degrees in only 5 years, which will allow you:
- To learn the basic fundamentals of physics needed to understand nature, its global relations and be able to formulate predictions.
- To acquire knowledge of the composition, properties and reactivity of matter provided by the study of chemistry.
- To be prepared to fill professional positions offered to both graduates of physics and chemistry.
- To benefit from a solid scientific base in two complementary disciplines, physics and chemistry, in order to continue onto specialised postgraduate studies and pioneering research tasks in fields such as materials science, nanoscience, nanotechnology and computational chemistry.
- You will enjoy studying within an internationally renowned research environment, both with regard to the Departments of Physics and Chemistry and the cutting edge centres located on campus with which we collaborate (ICMAB, CNM, ICN2, IFAE, IEEC, IBB and the ALBA Synchrotron).
- Participate in exchange programmes in universities around the world and in work placements offered in companies and research institutes.
Career optionsIn addition to working at the university or in the field of research, as a graduate in Physics you will have access to the following professional areas:
- Public administration.
- Consultancies (energy, materials, the environment).
- Computing and telecommunications.
- Chemical industry: production and/or sales.
- Industries (optics, new materials, pharmaceuticals).
- Medicine (radioactive facilities, exploration instruments, biomolecular chemistry).
null Xavier Fernández
The combined degree in Physics and Chemistry has given me an interdisciplinary training which has been key in the PhD studies I am beginning now. Miquel Torras