- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 years courses - 240 credits
- Price per credit: 25.27 euros
- Language: Catalan and Spanish
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning (mornings)
The bachelor's degree in Geography and Spatial Planning trains technicians and specialists prepared to work in the following areas:
Spatial planning and management. Specialists in planning and managing the land and in , policies of private and public institutions (urban planning, cadastral surveyors, heritage and real estate managers, etc.).
Regional Studies. Specialist in rural and urban spaces and in local developments (landscape specialists, local and regional planners, cooperation agents, equality agents, etc.).
Mapping. Specialists in cartographic techniques and quantitative methodologies (cartography, mass data, remote sensing, georeferencing, collaboration with other land specialists, etc.).
Environmental consultants and professionals. Specialists in environmental issues (environmental health and risk prevention officers, environmental consultants, managers of natural parks, etc.) and specialists in the physical environment (meteorologists, hydrologists, geological consultants, biogeographers etc.).
- Regional analysis. Specialists in local and regional analyses as well as in countries and large regions around the world (strategic and geopolitical resources, etc.).
- Demography. Specialist in population and demographic issues (demography applied to business, geomarketing, etc.).
- Teaching, dissemination and informal education on regional planning. Specialists in education teaching social sciences or working on popularisation tasks in geography (tourist promotion, publishing houses, preparing papers for journals, teaching, etc.).
Research into regional planning. Specialists in different fields of geography working in research centres or institutes, or at universities conducting research into geography.