- Faculty of Education
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 130
- Admission mark: 9,122
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: Catalan and Spanish
- Academic Calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Do you like teaching and constantly want to learn new things? Are you a person motivated by working with great social responsibility? Intuitive, creative, flexible, patient, responsible and with the ability of persuasion? If the answer is yes and you have a good grasp of Catalan, and also Spanish, we invite you to enrol in the UAB's Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education.
You will learn to plan, develop and evaluate education activities aimed at children aged zero to six. You can choose to enrol in the Specialisation in Specific Educational Needs or if you have an elemental cycle in music, you can take the Specialisation in Musical Education. If you are not interested in a specialisation, you will have many optional subjects to choose from. You will begin participating in practicums starting in your first year and discover both the dynamics of nursery schools and kindergarten.
If you are interested in discovering other cultures, you will be able to choose from over 40 different European universities. The UAB also has practicum agreements with France, Germany, Great Britain and Latin America. In addition, a practicum agreement with the city council of Munich, Germany, has led to more than 30 students being hired indefinitely at some of the city's nursery schools.
Teachers in Early Childhood Education have responsibilities in different areas: teaching each pupil, the group, the school, the family, the community and teaching administration. The work areas are:
- Teaching in preschool education centres with children aged 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 years old.
- Services and programmes for early childhood aimed at providing support for the family, such as mother and child programmes, and leisure and cultural services, such as playschools and children’s libraries.
- Production of educational materials.
- Education services in support of schools.
- Self-employment in complementary education services.