- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 60
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: Catalan (10%) and Spanish (90%)
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
This bachelor's degree trains philologists and linguists prepared to work in different fields such as teaching, research, publishing, editing, communication management, etc. in Spanish. At the UAB we offer you a wide variety of optional subjects, both in language and literature and in literary theory, a field often overlooked by other universities. You will come in contact with lecturers who are leading pioneering research groups positioned at the top of many international rankings.
This degree is for you ifi...
- You like to read and have interest in the Spanish language and culture.
- You would like to teach one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- You are interested in knowing all about one of the oldest literatures in the world with centuries of tradition.
- You want to enrol in one of the specialisations or minors the UAB has to offer: Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Literary Theory and Comparartive Literature, General Linguistics, Latin American Studies and Gender Studies.
- You would like to broaden your knowledge of other languages and literatures.
- You are interested in studying on a university campus, surrounded by nature and where you will be able to make friends from all disciplines.
The main areas of employment for graduates are::
- Teaching in public or private centres of education (secondary, high school, university), in language academies and adult learning centres.
- Teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
- Teaching Spanish to immigrants.
- Publishing houses (production, proofreading, translation, dictionary production).
- Literary criticism and promotion, and technical consultancy in literary agencies.
- Research (institutes of language studies and linguistics, archives and libraries).
- Cultural management.
- The information society (writing and collaborating with the press, publishing of contents for Internet companies, etc).
- Language services.
- Language industries and new technologies.
It is very enriching, both personally and intellectually. For me, studying this degree represents culture. Judith Arias
null Jennifer Bascuñana