- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 80
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: Catalan and Spanish.
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The objective of the Bachelor's Degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology is to train professionals in cultural diversity. It offers solid theoretical training in the cultural variability of the world and prepares you to master the methods, techniques and procedures needed to conduct ethnographic research into other cultures and management interculturality in a global world.
You will learn to think critically on the variety of human social organisation models, studying issues such as inequalities and ethnic, class, gender and age identities, as well as their multiple manifestations throughout time and space.
The UAB's bachelor's degree stands out for the practical training it provides which will prepare you to work professionally as an anthropologist. The syllabus offers a sequence of technical and methodological subjects which end with the Bachelor's Degree Final Project. You will also be able to take part in work placements in more than 30 public and private entities.
The degree offers a Specialisation in Innovation and Criticism in Anthropological Knowledge and a Specialisation in Anthropological Applications in Culture, the Environment and Society.
The main areas of employment for graduates are:
- Technical consultants, designing and participating in social and cultural policy-making (at different public administration levels and institutions devoted to social attention such as health, immigration, ethnic minorities, social groups, etc.).
- Intercultural mediation in the health, education, dwellings, employment, food, and consumption sectors.
- Involvement and development of cooperation policies (development cooperation agencies, NGOs and international bodies).
- Assessment and management of ethnological, cultural and natural heritages (public and private museums, libraries, cultural institutions, provincial governments, cultural management firms, nature interpretation centres).
- Specialised assessment in immigration issues for primary and secondary education centres (public administration).
- Equality technicians (private and public institutions).
- Proximity technicians participating as members of groups devoted to exclusion and social risk prevention or homeless children (mainly in public administration posts).
- Community technicians who develop proposals in awareness-raising of cultural diversity and in the prevention of conflict situations in neighbourhoods or territories with a large immigrant population (mainly in public administration posts).
- Marketing research, human resource and organisation consultants (firms, co-operatives, trade unions).
- Documentation, consultancy, production and dissemination of cultural diversity contents: specialised assessment in the mass media in the field of cultural similarities and differences as well as multicultural societies or international migrations.
- Teaching intercultural mediation in universities, higher education centres or secondary education centres.
- Research basic knowledge universities, scientific institutions research groups.
Studying the degree in Anthropology and participating in the UAB's exchange programme with the University of Buenos Aires has allowed me to acquire the tools needed to analyse the world which we live in from a critical perspective and a will to transform it, while also learning to focus on areas in which often there is only indifference. Natàlia Camara