UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 27th to the 30th of September. Registration is open!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2022
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Closed
- Places: 40 places
- Teaching timetable: Mornings and afternoons
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
- Language: English (33%), spanish (33%) and catalan (33%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Biosciences
The aim of the master's degree is to offer high-quality cross-curricular training in biochemistry, molecular biology and biomedicine that will allow students to join a research group or a pharmaceutical, biotechnological or biomedical company.
Both theory-based and research and development modules are included, in collaboration with excellent research centres and health institutions in which our students can sign up for work placements.
The degree is divided into two different specialisations:
- Biomolecules in Biomedical Research, which aims to focus on molecular approaches in order to relate the structure of biomolecules to their function, thus allowing the rational design of applications that will benefit society
- Molecular Pathology, with a focus on understanding the molecular causes of human pathologies and on identifying new advanced therapies.
When you complete the Master's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine you will be prepared to develop a scientific, academic or professional career in research centres, universities, hospitals and companies in the R&D sector. Some of the specific fields you will be prepared to work in are biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedicine, biotechnology, pharmaceutics and food technology.
This master's degree also meets the academic needs of research personnel wishing to undertake PhD studies in biochemistry, molecular biology and biomedicine.
“This master’s gave me the necessary skills to develop as a good scientist internationally, not only the knowledge but also practical tools and ethics.” Iris García
The master has allowed me to prepare to access the doctorate with more tools to solve the challenges that arise in the field of current and future biochemistry and biomedicine. Jaime Santos