ICTA-UAB Alumni Sessions with Dr. Esther Sanyé-Mengual
- Start: 05 Oct 2023 11:00
Dr. Esther Sanyé-Mengual, ICTA-UAB graduate and current scientific officer at the Joint Research Center, Italy, will be at ICTA-UAB to give a seminarin the framework of the ICTA-UAB Alumni Sessions.
ICTA-UAB ALUMNI SESSION
Title: "Policies for sustainable consumption: insights from an ICTA-UAB Alumnus at the European Commission’s Joint Research Center"
Speaker: Dr. Esther Sanyé-Mengual, (ICTA-UAB graduate and current scientific officer at the Joint Research Center, Italy)
Date: Thursday, October 5th 2023
Time: 11 am
Venue: room Z/023 Espai Montseny (ICTA-UAB) and online https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZDMyNmIxZGYtYjgwMC00NWM3LWEwNjAtYTk4OTRmZmZlYTE0%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%226b514c29-2391-4831-b774-84f35c45bf01%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22a8ec0045-8582-403f-bc5a-4bdc4e7e9744%22%7d
Program of the session
- Speaker introduction & moderation (by Dr. Anna Petit-Boix)
- What are the EU and the JRC?
- European environmental policy and the role of science (science-policy interface)
- Policies for sustainable consumption at the product and system level
- Practical use of the ‘Consumer Footprint Calculator’, now available through the Spanish Ministry of Consumption (https://calculatuhuella.consumo.gob.es/)
- Debate and final remarks
- Networking over appetizers
PhD on Environmental Sciences and Technology (ICTA-UAB). Scientific officer at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (EC-JRC) within the Land Resources and Supply Chain Assessments unit. Working on the use of life cycle assessment (LCA) for policy support such as to the Farm to Fork Strategy or the Zero Pollution Action Plan, including: the consumption and domestic footprints of EU and EU countries, modelling biodiversity footprint and plastic footprints, and the LCA link with Sustainable Development Goals and Planetary Boundaries. Former Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow at the University of Bologna on the sustainability assessment of urban food systems.