ICTA-CRM Joint Workshop
We are organizing an event to bring together environmental scientists of ICTA-UAB and researchers of the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) - two Maria de Maeztu Units of Excellence at the UAB campus. ICTA-UAB and CRM researchers will first present their research interests and skills, and then engage in discussion groups to explore the possibility of establishing new collaborations in interdisciplinary research.
Event: ICTA-UAB joint workshop
Date: Monday, 23rd of May 2022 Time: from 10:00 to 13:00 (discussion after lunch break) Venue: Room Z/023 - Z/022 (Sala Antoni Rosell), ICTA-UAB
Registration form: https://forms.office.com/r/BYwcr2ts5K
- 10.00 - 10.10: Welcome (ICTA & CRM directors)
- 10.10 - 11.10: short talks by ICTA & CRM researchers (session 1)
- 11.10 - 11.30: coffee break and discussion
- 11.30 - 12.30: short talks by ICTA & CRM researchers (session 2)
- 12.30 - 12.40: Conclusions (ICTA & CRM directors)
- 13.00 - 14.30: lunch break and discussion
- Lluis Alsedà, UAB-CRM Group Leader. Dynamical Systems. Optimization. Interested in applications to smart cities, urban planning, and ecology.
- Tim Myers, Group leader. Mathematical modelling (heat transfer, adsorption). Interests on green roofs. CO2 and other pollutants removal
- David Romero, CRM Knowledge Transfer Unit. On-demand public transport, mobility.
- Josep Sardanyès, Ramon y Cajal Researcher. Non-linear models of biological and ecological processes.
- Pere Puig, UAB-CRM Group Leader. Advanced Statistics. Biostatistics, epidemiology.
- Álvaro Corral, Group Leader Complex systems. Statistical physics methods applied to the study of natural hazards, such as extremes in precipitation.
- Sergio Villamayor, LAND Theme leader. Patterns of rural vulnerability and adaptation to global change.
- Ivan Savin, Senior researcher. Focus on topics related to climate policy.
- Jeroen Van den Bergh, POLICIES Theme leader. Economic analysis of climate policy and transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Oriol Marquet, Ramon y Cajal Researcher. Links between the built environment and human behavior, focus on transportation and mobility patterns
- Alba Badia, Postdoctoral researcher. Impact of green infrastructures on the urban atmosphere.
- Gara Villalba, CITIES Theme leader. Study and optimization of resource metabolism from a systemic approach