Master's Degree in Travel Journalism (Spanish, Onsite)
Through the delivery of theoretical-practical sessions, the master teaches basic tools to deal with the production of travel journalism content for all formats: from large press reports to radio capsules, television programs and articles for the web.
The masterís degree was created to respond to the need to offer new formulas and detach from conventional and immovable tourism, providing added value and proper content to the act of travelling. It provides a multifaceted and multidisciplinary approach, which from journalism is intended to cover many other areas of social sciences.
The masterís degree in Travel Journalism is addressed to all those professionals who wish to be entrepreneurs with initiatives and original projects in the field of travel communication: such as the creation of specialized travel agencies or the production of content for radio, television, written media or multimedia.
Objectives- Learn the media landscape and the communicative structure of travel journalism media and content.
- Train up experts in the use of travel journalism techniques: in the press, radio, television and the internet.
- Study the parameters and guidelines for conceiving, designing and implementing scientific and/or academic expeditions, motivational trips, themed tours, etc.
- Promote high-quality and high-impact travel journalism projects.
- Analyse the fundamental principles of culture and heritage management associated with travel journalism.
- Explore trends in the tourist market and communication related to travel.
- Offer basic knowledge of anthropology, ethnology and archaeology that can be applied to the development of travel journalism.
- Study general geo-cultural aspects of the continental regions of the planet.
- Apply techniques of orientation and survival to different natural scenarios.
- Generate travel journalism content in different disciplines in real practice.
- Meet reporters, travellers, adventurers, entrepreneurs, etc. who have made travel their way of life.
- Put the acquired knowledge and skills into practice in the work context.
Hold a University Degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent.
Possibilities and professional opportunities offered by the master's degree in Travel Journalism range from positions linked to the field of tourism to travel communication (in press cabinets, magazines, web platforms or media) and specialized journalism.
The course trains multitasking and multipurpose professionals, capable of working as content editors, text editors, audiovisual producers and/or webmasters in magazines, newspapers, producing agencies, television, radio and multimedia projects linked to communication and travel sectors.
Alternatively, the master's degree is aimed at providing the necessary knowledge so that students can become successful professionals capable of developing a solid career as tour guides, communication and public relations managers and marketing experts in companies in the sector.
To all this must be added the possibility of designing and constituting successful initiatives and projects, such as the creation of companies in the field of travel communication. All this from the contents that make up the academic curriculum of the programme.
Added to this is the possibility of designing and setting up a company for travel communication taking advantage of knowledge gained from the content of the course.
Diana Sanjines Toubia
UAB-specific Master's Degree10% discount Alumni Premium
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Special price: 3645§
Group of application:
Location: Graduate School, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 01/02/2020 to 30/11/2020
Departamento de Periodismo y de Ciencias de la Comunicaciůn
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.