- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1933/13
- 13th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 01/10/2020
- Finish date: 30/09/2021
- Places: 3
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 3960 ¤
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Servei de Pediatria, Unitat de Gastroenterologia, Hepatologia i Nutrició de l'Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona
Currently, there are no official specialization programmes in pediatric subspecialisation. However, pediatric subspecialisations, including pediatric gastroenterology, have been, in fact, a reality for the last 25 years in our country, providing specific, excellent care to infants, children and teenagers with specific pathologies.
For a long time, this training had been offered during 1-2 year periods by volunteers wishing to provide such training, but unable to issue any document certifying graduate training.
The Spanish Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pediatrics Nutrition (SEGHNP), has recently developed a specialization programme in this area so that it may be developed in training units (among them, the Vall d'Hebrón Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit). Once this training period with the SEGHNP was completed, an Associate's degree in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition was issued. This degree lacked accreditation in graduate training.
Career opportunitiesThe Master in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition will make it easier for pediatricians trained in this area to join hospitals with gastroenterology, hepatology units and cystic fibrosis units.
- 70% of the 5 modules are intended for clinical practice, making a total of 850 hours spent entirely at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, under direct supervision from lecturers and/or coordinators.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Pediatría, de Obstetricia y Ginecología y de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública
Oscar Segarra Canton