UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1496/21
- 21th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 25/01/2022
- Finish date: 16/06/2023
- Places: 34
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 7700 €
Special price 7315 €
Group of application:
Special price 6930 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (80%), Spanish (20%)
- Location: Casa Convalescència, C/ Sant Antoni M. Claret 171, 08041 Barcelona
Healthcare management is an area of professional activity that is not included in bachelor's degree studies or in medical specialties.
The advanced university training programme in Health Service Administration, promoted and designed in collaboration with the institutions belonging to the Board of Trustees of the former Dr Robert Foundation, now part of Fundació UAB, serves to fill this gap in training.
It is made up of four sub-programmes and a research project (15 ECTS):
- General management programme (10 ECTS), with formal lectures or round tables.
- Management skills programme (10 ECTS), with formal lectures and simulation exercises.
- General healthcare sector programme (10 ECTS), with formal lectures or round tables.
- Specific healthcare sector programme and visits to institutions (15 ECTS), with seminars involving active student participation.
The methodology promotes active participation on the part of the professionals, leading to analysis, debate, reflection and conclusions suggested by experts.
Career opportunities- Managers of primary healthcare centres, hospitals, public health, health and social services centres, care centres for dependent persons, drug addiction or mental health, and emergency services.
- Managers of companies providing healthcare organisations with support for communications, financial management, human resources and general services.
- Professionals working in healthcare planning and health service management.
- Professionals working in health service contracting.
- Managers of companies engaged temporarily or permanently in the provision of risk management services. Especially in the area of occupational health. - Institutional heads of healthcare and social services.
- Health sector managers in general: Pharmacy, orthopedic sector, insurance and consultancies.
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Medicina
Escuela Fundación Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formación
Marina Lahoz Portolés