- UAB Graduate Diploma
- Code: 1471/16
- 16th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 22/01/2022
- Finish date: 03/12/2022
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2220 €
Special price 1998 €
Group of application:
Special price 2109 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish (90%), English (8%), French (1%), Italian (1%)
- Location: Casa de Convalencència, C. Sant Antoni Mª Claret 171, Barcelona
Criminalistics or forensic science is the set of disciplines where the common object is providing proof for legal purposes using scientific methodology.
This postgraduate course aims to offer professional training in criminalistics with higher academic accreditation and university recognition.
- Offer knowledge of information analysis systems to perfect and facilitate expert actions.
- Offer instruction at higher education level in the remediation, valuation and emission of scientific declarations in the main forensic specialist areas.
- Offer skills to work as an expert in the areas of civil, social, labour and criminal jurisdictions, duty rotas and legal commissions.
- Train specialists to work jointly with legal departments, with competences to gather evidence, compiles it in legal reports and defend it in legal processes.
This course is part of the Master’s degree in Criminalistics and is eminently profession-oriented. It includes:
- Different specialist lab sessions with advanced technology.
- Real current and selected case study analysis.
- Preparation of reports on criminal research.
Career opportunities- Professional activities as a criminalist to undertake legal work for court trials in the areas of ocular-technical inspection, lophoscopy, ballistics, instrumental traces, accidentology and other areas of forensic science that are not specifically covered under other specific qualifications.
- Criminalistic advice for institutions and organisations, evaluation of procedures, methodology, reports in the general area of criminalistics and the specific areas covered by the course.
- Expert criminalistic activity in physical and online documentary research, forgeries and imitation of documents, plagiarism.
- Production of pre-court or extra-courts papers, working with public or private institutions, professional associations, companies and entities to combat fraud in intellectual and industrial property.
- Students who have passed any of the specialisations that are offered gain recognition by the professional associations in agreement with the Institute of Graphism and the Institutional Council of Forensic Science Teachers and Laboratory Directors with all the benefits that this carries (in-court representation, employment opportunities, discounts, etc.)
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Institut de Ciències del Grafisme