Course in Anaesthesia, Analgesia and Euthanasia of Laboratory animals
IntroductionThis module provides the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills regarding anaesthesia, analgesia and euthanasia required by designated veterinarians and other onsite personnel responsible for the welfare and care of laboratory animals in the conduct of experimental procedures.
The content of this module also complies with the training requirements set out in Spanish Royal Decree RD53/2013 and European Directive EU63/2010 developed by the European Commission in respect of the following modules: Humane methods of killing (theory), Anaesthesia for minor procedures, Advanced anaesthesia for surgical or prolonged procedures.
- Recognition and pain: assessment and releif of pain. Analgesics.
- Principles and techniques of anesthesia
- Purposes and objectives of anesthesia.
- Preanesthesia and preoperative management.
- Choosing the proper anesthetic.
- Injectable anesthetics.
- Inhalatory anesthetics.
- Endotracheal intubation, artificial ventilation and monitoring.
- Local and Regional Anesthesia
- Cardiovascular complications and CPR. Includes practical
- Interference of anesthesia in research results
- Specifications by species: rodents and rabbits. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: dogs and cats. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: pigs and ruminants. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: reptiles and birds.
- Specifications by species: primates.
Degree in biology, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy or other university graduates in other disciplines including zoology, anatomy and physiology animals and having a job related to the field of animal experimentation.
This course is included in the Master in Laboratory Animal Science and Welfare.
Patrocinio Vergara Esteras
UAB Specialisation Course
Location: Facultat de Veterinària. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 15/02/2020 to 30/04/2020
Facultad de Veterinaria
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Inmunología
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.