UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees and Graduate Courses
Information sessions will be offered online from 22 to 26 February: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of the master's degree or graduate programme. Registration is open!
- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 2274/17
- 17th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Start date: 15/02/2021
- Finish date: 30/04/2021
- Places: 45
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2350 Ą
- Teaching language: English
- Location: Facultat de VeterinÓria. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
The content of this module also complies with the training requirements set out in Spanish Royal Decree RD53/2013 and European Directive EU63/2010 developed by the European Commission in respect of the following modules: Humane methods of killing (theory), Anaesthesia for minor procedures, Advanced anaesthesia for surgical or prolonged procedures.
Contents- Recognition and pain: assessment and releif of pain. Analgesics.
- Principles and techniques of anesthesia
- Purposes and objectives of anesthesia.
- Preanesthesia and preoperative management.
- Choosing the proper anesthetic.
- Injectable anesthetics.
- Inhalatory anesthetics.
- Endotracheal intubation, artificial ventilation and monitoring.
- Local and Regional Anesthesia
- Cardiovascular complications and CPR. Includes practical
- Interference of anesthesia in research results
- Specifications by species: rodents and rabbits. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: dogs and cats. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: pigs and ruminants. Includes practical.
- Specifications by species: reptiles and birds.
- Specifications by species: primates.
ItineraryThis course is included in the Master in Laboratory Animal Science and Welfare.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Facultad de Veterinaria
Departamento de Biologia Celular, FisiologÝa e InmunologÝa
Patrocinio Vergara Esteras