UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 13/09/2021
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Closed
- Places: 20 places
Price: €27,67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
€85 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (90%) and english (10%)
- Mode: Semi-online
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Since 2015, the master's degree is organised jointly by the UAB and the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya, and it offers two specialisations with common modules in the first semester:
- Development of Geoapplications, aimed at the design and programming of web and mobile phone applications.
- Management of Geoinformation, aimed at the design of products and services for geospatial information.
Career optionsThe University Master's Degree in Geoinformatics integrates the several disciplines, methodologies and techniques used to acquire, programme and manage geospatial data and applications. These data are key to the scientific, administrative, legal and technical operations involved in the production, management and development process of spatial information and its application to a variety of uses, from corporative to personal.
The University Master's Degree in Geoinformatics responds to the current demand of the professional market with a training programme oriented towards providing the competence and skills needed to work in the following types of positions:
- Common to both specialisations
- GIS technician.
- GIS analyst.
- GIS consultant.
- Specialisation in Development of Geoapplications
- Geospatial applications analyst.
- Geospatial applications developer.
- Smartphone applications developer.
- Specialisation in Geoinformatics Management.
- Head of corporative GIS for public administrations and businesses.
- Director or entrepreneur in charge of geospatial information prodcuts and services.
- Director of scientific, public or commercial projects aimed at creating geospatial information services and applications.
Upon completion of the master's degree, graduates will have the skills and expertise needed to work in a wide range of areas and sectors, including:
- Government agencies and public administration in general.
- Academic and research institutions and centres.
- GIS and geoinformatics service suppliers.
- Businesses using GIS and geoinformatics services.
- Navigation systems businesses..
- Geomarketing, insurances and financial services.
- Engineering and urban planning offices.
- Consultancies and service suppliers.