- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 01/10/2020
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 25 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan and Spanish
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
In process of extinction
The master's degree in Prehistory, Antiquity and the Middle Ages is aimed primarily at graduates in Archaeology, History, Art History, Classical Studies, Anthropology, Biology and Geology. It is divided into two specialisations: Prehistoric Archaeology and Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
The specialisation in Prehistoric Archaeology will provide students with a greater amount of training in digital resources available to archaeology and the possibility to master the use of highly specialised techniques. The specialisation in Antiquity and the Middle Ages reinforces the handling of original written and archeaological documents, with particular focus on the research line dedicated to conflicts and conquests.
In addition, a work placement module has also been incorporated and the Master's Dissertation module is now worth more credits.
Career optionsThe main career options once you have graduated from the master's degree in Prehistory, Antiquity and the Middle Ages are:
- Research, protection, conservation and dissemination of historical-archaeological heritage (archaeological fieldwork, management of archeological heritage, ,useums, cultural foundations, archaeological sites, archives, etc.).
- Teaching of subjects related to history and archaeology, as well as languages.
- Collaboration with mass media and publishing houses.
- Cultural assessment for different types of institutions or the public administration in general.
- Management of both public and private international projects.
- Lecturing or working in resesarch at universities or research centres.