UAB master's and graduate degrees online fair: last places available!
Would you like to talk directly with the coordinators of the programmes you are interested in and help solve any doubts you may have? From 28 September to 2 October, the UAB master's and graduate degrees will offer almost 50 online information sessions. Sign up now!
- Credits: 90 ECTS
The Official Master's Degree is an interdisciplinary master's qualification promoted by the Inter-University Women and Gender Studies Institute (IIEDG) which has an agreement with eight participating Catalan universities: UB (coordinator), UAB, UdeG, UPC, URV, UdeVic, UdeLl and UPF.
The Master's Degree was first offered in the 2007/08 academic year and currently includes over 200 students. The team that teaches the master's degree consists of Catalonia's leading academics in women's and gender studies, non-academics with many years of experience in professions related to women and gender, and renowned foreign specialists: EDGC teaching staff
The general aim of this master's degree is to train researchers and professionals in women and gender studies, providing them with a scientifically rigorous basis which they can apply to problems of social interest.
The first year consists of providing students with a general training in some of the more basic areas of gender study and introducing them to specific subjects according to the specialisation they choose; the second year is dedicated to an in-depth study of their specialisation, including work placements and their final project.
The master's degree is made up of two specialisations: "Theory, Criticism and Culture" and "Women, Work and Public Policy".
- The specialization in Theory, Criticism and Culture trains researchers and professionals capable of integrating a gender perspective into research, teaching and professional practice in all areas of scientific and technical knowledge and in the social and human sciences.
- The specialization in Women, Work and Public Policies trains professionals capable of contributing to the design, implementation and evaluation of public policies from a feminist gender perspective, as well as the design, implementation and evaluation of equality plans.
Master's coordinator: Núria Pumar, Universitat de Barcelona: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct to coordination: Toni Vives, Universitat de Barcelona: email@example.com
Coordinating at UAB (comission): Olga Paz, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career optionsBy the end of the master’s degree, students will be prepared to work in the following professional sectors:
- Equality agents, a relevant figure since the passing of several gender equality laws and which in the near future will play an important role in businesses, public administrations and associations.
- Mass media, NGOs, educational institutions, and regional and national administrations.
- Research and analysis conducted through a gender perspective, with academic options such as continuing onto a PhD programme and participating in programmes and projects which specifically incorporate this perspective.
University of Barcelona (coordinator)
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Rovira i Virgili University
University of Girona
University of Lleida
University of Vic
The classroom-based tuition takes place at the Faculty of Geography and History at the University of Barcelona.