Content Official Master's Degree in Social Policy, Employment and Welfare
UAB's virtual fair for master's degrees, graduate courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
Ideal student profileYou must hold an official degree or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Social Sciences (Sociology, Political Sciences, Labour Studies, Industrial Relations, Economics, Law, Anthropology, Social Psychology, etc.)
- Humanities (History, Geography, etc.)
- Other similar fields
Once your previous studies have been analysed, the selection committee will decide which additional training courses you may need to take before beginning with the master's degree.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Design and conduct research projects on work, gender and social policy, using advanced qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Recognise the main economic, political, social and cultural transformations of complex societies in order to analyse the fundamental challenges they pose to equality and welfare.
- Design, implement and evaluate social and labour policies affecting the relationship between work, employment and welfare.
- Design, implement and evaluate social policies and processes for resource redistribution and improvement of citizens' welfare, in different contexts and from a European perspective.
- Aplicar l'enfocament de gènere a l'anàlisi de la relació entre mercat laboral, cures i desigualtats socials.
- Use and manage bibliography and IT resources in the field of study.
- Put forward innovative proposals for the relevant field of study.
- Work individually and in multidisciplinary, international teams.