Content Official Master's Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
UAB's virtual fair for master's degrees, graduate courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
Ideal student profileIn order to take this master's degree candidates must have a background in technological or experimental sciences, especially telecommunications, and level B1 in English, according to the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Modern Languages).
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Capacity to integrate new technologies and systems developed within telecommunications engineering in general and in broader, multidisciplinary contexts such as bioengineering, photovoltaic conversion, nanotechnology, telemedicine
- Capacity for the elaboration, direction, coordination and technical and economical management of projects about: systems, networks, infrastructures and telecommunication services, including the supervision and coordination of partial projects of coordinación of part of its accompanying work projects; common telecommunications infrastructures in buildings or residential areas, including digital home projects; telecommunications infrastructure in transport and environment; with corresponding energy supply facilities and evaluation of electromagnetic emissions and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Capacity for applying theory of information methods, adaptative modulation and channel coding as well as advanced techniques for digital signal processing in telecommunications and audiovisual systems.
- Capacity for developing radio communications systems: design of antennas, equipment and subsystems, channel modelling, calculation of links and planning.
- Capacity for implementing systems using cable, lines, satellite in fixed and mobile communications environments.
- Capacity for designing and dimensioning transport, diffusion and distribution networks for multimedia signals.
- Capacity for designing radionavegation, positioning systems and radar systems.
- Capacity for modelling, designing, introducing, managing, operating, administrating and maintaining networks, services and content.
- Capacity for planning, decision-making and packaging of networks, services and applications considering the quality of service, direct and operating costs, the implementation plan, supervision, security procedures, scaling and maintenance and for managing and ensuring quality in the development process.
- Be capable of understanding and knowing how to apply internet organisation and function, next generation internet technologies and protocols, components models, intermediary software and services.
- Be capable of resolving convergence, interoperability and design of heterogeneous networks with local, access and truncal networks as well as the integration of telephone, data, television and interactive services.
- Capacity for designing and manufacturing integrated circuits.
- Knowledge of the hardware description languages for highly complex circuits
- Be capable of using programmable logic as well as designing advanced electronic systems, both analogue and digital.
- Capacity to design communications components such as routers, commuters, concentrators, emitters and receivers in different bandwidths.
- Capacity to apply advanced photonic and optoelectronic knowledge , as well as high frequency electronics
- Capacity for developing electronic instrumentation as well as transducers, actuators and sensors.
- Production, presentation and defence of an original, individual exercise before a university panel, once all the credits in the syllabus have been obtained. This should consist of a professional style integrated telecommunications engineering project in which the competencies acquired on the course are synthesised.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial, creative and innovative spirit
- Capacity for working in interdisciplinary teams
- Capacity for critical reasoning and thought as means for originality in the generation, development and/or application of ideas in a research or professional context.
- Respect and promote human rights, democratic principles, principles of sex equality, solidarity, universal accessibility and design for all, prevention of labour risks, environmental protection and promotion of a culture of peace
- Maintain proactive and dynamic activity for continual improvement