Admission Official Master's Degree in Cytogenetics and Reproductive Biology
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 20th to the 24th of February. Registration is open!
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsAdmission requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Biotechnology, or their equivalents from other universities. Graduates in Microbiology or Biochemistry may also apply. In the latter cases, students' specific training in Reproductive Biology and Cytogenetics is examined. If necessary, the master's committee will ask students to take bridging courses.
- Level B1 in Catalan or Spanish, in the case of students who do not have these as their first language. Students with no certificate of proficiency in these languages will be interviewed by the master's committee before a decision is taken on admittance or exclusion.
Selection criteriaShould the number of applicants be higher than that of places on offer, these will be allocated according to the following criteria:
|Selection criteria||High score|
|Academic transcript: Scoring will be based on the following criteria
Between 0 and 1 point = 30
Between 1 and 1,5 points = 35
Between 1,5 and 2 points = 40
Between 2 and 2,5 points = 45
Between 2,5 and 3 points = 50
Over 3 points = 60
|Curriculum vitae: the following curricular skills will be especially appraised:
Previous activities of scientific or professional nature
Participation in research projects
|adaptation of the academic records and curriculum to the training objectives and contents of the master's degree||10|
Complementary trainingStudents with a bachelor's degree in Microbiology or Biochemistry, depending on the courses they have taken, may need to take and pass bridging courses.
The Master's Committee will examine students' previous studies and determine whether bridging courses need to be taken or not.
Bridging courses comprise a maximum of 21 ECTS credits distributed among the following subjects belonging to the Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Biosciences at the UAB:
- Cytogenetics, 6 ECTS credits
- Technology of Reproduction, 6 ECTS credits
- Human Genetics, 6 ECTS credits
- Genetics and Reproduction, 3 ECTS credits