Admission Official Master's Degree in French as a Foreign Language and Linguistic Diversity
UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsAdmission requirements are as follows:
- Students must be graduates in the field of French Studies, Translation, Language and Literature, Humanities, Education Studies or Psychology.
- A qualification equivalent to level B2 in French is required.
Selection criteriaShould the number of applicants exceed the places on offer, places will be allocated in accordance with the following criteria of priority:
1. Access qualification (priority will be given to students with an undergraduate degree (Bachelors or Pre-EHEA) in French Studies and Translation-French B-), 30%;
2. Academic File (Especially the average grade and/or progress), 40%;
3. Curriculum vitae (with special attention to academic career and gaining of grants, stays in French-speaking countries and, in the event, publications or participation in research projects), 15%;
4. Interview (special value will be put on attitudes, clarity of personal and academic objectives and motivation), 15%.
Complementary trainingStudents that possess a degree in the field of Humanities do not need to undertake complementary training.
Students that possess a degree in Education, Psychology and Paedagogy: the coordinator of the master will individually review their academic records in order to determine whether it is necessary for them to attend, as complementary training, one or several of the following subjects from the Degree in French Studies of the UAB (minimum 6 ECTS and maximum 18 ECTS).
- Linguistic Analysis of Oral and Written Documents in French (6 ECTS)
- French Phonetics and Phonology (6 ECTS)
- History of French (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to French Culture (6 ECTS)
- French Lexicology (6 ECTS)
- Linguistics Applied to Teaching French (6 ECTS)
- French Comparative Linguistics (6 ECTS)
- Contemporary French Literature (6 ECTS)
- French Semantics and Pragmatics (6 ECTS)