Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (affiliated centre)
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethic relevant issues.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Offer technical and professional health care and that this adequate for the health needs of the person being attended, in accordance with the current state of scientific knowledge at any time and levels of quality and safety established under the applicable legal and deontological rules.
- Plan and carry out nursing care aimed at people, families and groups orientated to health results and evaluate the impact of them using clinical and care practice guides describing the processes for the diagnosis, treatment or cure of a health problem.
- Apply the main foundations and theoretical and methodological principles of nursing.
- Demonstrate that the interactive behaviour of the person is understood according to their gender, social group or community, within a social and multicultural context.
- Design systems for curing aimed at people, families or groups and evaluate their impact, making any necessary changes.
- Base nursing interventions on scientific evidence and the available media.
- Demonstrate an understanding of people without prejudice: consider physical, psychological and social aspects, as independent individuals; ensure that their opinions, values and beliefs are respected and guarantee their right to privacy, through trust and professional secrecy.
- Promote and respect the right to participation, information, autonomy and informed consent in decision-making by the patient, in accordance with the way they are experiencing the health-illness process.
- Promote healthy life styles, self-treatment, giving support to the maintenance of preventative and therapeutic conducts.
- Protect the health and welfare of people or groups attended guaranteeing their safety.
- Establish efficient communication with patients, family members, social groups and friends, and promote education for health.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical and deontological code of Spanish nursing and what is understood by ethical health implications in a changing world context.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of health financing and social health and proper use of available resources.
- Establish evaluation mechanisms considering the different scientific, technical and quality aspects.
- Work with a team of professionals as a basic unit to structure the professionals and the other care organisation workers in a unidisciplinary or multidisciplinary way.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health information systems.
- Carry out basic curative actions based on holistic health care, involving multiprofessional cooperation, the integration of processes and continuity of health care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategies to adopt measures of comfort and care of symptoms, the patient and family run, in the application of palliative care that will contribute to alleviate the situation of advanced and terminal patients.
- Offer solutions to health and illness problems to patients, families and the community applying the therapeutic relation by following the scientific method of the nursing process.
- Use scientific methodology in interventions.
- Analyse and synthesise complex phenomena.
- Find, evaluate, organise and maintain information systems.
- Express in a fluent, coherent and appropriate manner the established rules, both orally and in writing.
- Acquire and use the necessary instruments for developing a critical and reflective attitude.
- Form part of and work with groups and teams.
- Identify, analyse and solve ethical problems in complex situations.
- Recognise and face up to changes easily.
- Respect the environment and promote sustainable development.