Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Social Education
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethic relevant issues.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Master the theoretical and applied knowledge of Educational Sciences to develop the capacity for analysis and observation of the social and educational reality.
- Contextualize educational action based on the different theoretical paradigms that have developed in science and education in accordance with the socio-historical context of individuals, groups and institutions.
- Participate in the theoretical debates that affect the profession and affect different policy areas.
- In an articulated manner, design plans, programs, projects, activities and tasks in various socio educational contexts.
- Design and develop processes for citizen participation and socio-community action.
- Lead social and educational processes to create a good working environment, promote collaborative work, and open and equalitarian communication.
- Promote autonomy among participants and seek a balance between roles as advisor, facilitator and promoter of socio-educational dynamics.
- Apply the socio-emotional skills needed to manage human relations.
- Design evaluation plans and processes in accordance with different purposes, techniques and instruments, moments and perspectives of educational evaluation.
- Develop processes to obtain, record, analyse and make decisions for educational action.
- Analyse the organization and management of socio-educational institutions.
- Understand and become involved in institutional realities in order to integrate and develop professionally.
- Manage social education institutions.
- Know different models and guidance strategies.
- Guide and advise groups and individuals to establish educational challenges and itineraries.
- Accompany people in their processes of growth and emancipation.
- Use information and knowledge from different sources and contexts (reports, articles, etc.) specific to the social sciences.
- Know and apply information collection, analysis, processing and evaluation processes, to improve professional practice itself and the foundation of professional action.
- Generate innovative and competitive proposals in research and professional activity.
- Critically analyse personal work and use resources for professional development.
- Work in teams and with teams (in the same field or interdisciplinary).
- Adopt ethical behaviour and attitudes and act according to the ethical principles of the profession.
- Recognize and evaluate the social reality and the interrelation between factors involved as necessary anticipation of action.
- Participate and get involved in the events, meetings and events of the institution to which one belongs.
- Analyse and recognize one’s own socio-emotional skills (in terms of strengths, potentials and weaknesses) to develop those necessary for work and professional development.
- Maintain a respectful attitude to the environment (natural, social and cultural) to promote values, behaviour and sustainable practices that address gender equality, equity and respect for human rights.
- Use ICT to learn, communicate and collaborate in educational contexts.