Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethic relevant issues.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Identify, understand and apply the fundamental concepts and techniques of knowledge representation, reasoning and computational learning for the solution of artificial intelligence problems.
- Know, understand, use and apply appropriately the mathematical foundations necessary to develop systems for reasoning, learning and manipulation of large volumes of data.
- Design, implement, analyse and validate efficient and robust algorithmic solutions to computational problems derived from the design of intelligent systems.
- Know and efficiently use techniques and tools for representation, manipulation, analysis and management of large-scale data.
- Conceptualize and model alternatives of complex solutions to problems of application of artificial intelligence in different fields and create prototypes that demonstrate the validity of the proposed system.
- Develop strategies to formulate and solve different learning problems in a scientific, creative, critical and systematic way, knowing the capabilities and limitations of the different existing methods and tools.
- Know and apply the techniques of natural language processing for the exploitation of data of linguistic nature and the creation and evaluation of the components of language-based AI systems.
- Conceive, design, analyse and implement intelligent systems capable of using vision as a mechanism to interact with the environment.
- Conceive, design, analyse and implement autonomous cyber-physical agents and systems capable of interacting with other agents and/or people in open environments, taking into account collective demands and needs.
- Identify, understand and analyse the fundamental characteristics of neural mechanisms and human psychological and cognitive processes and relate them to the processes of automatic intelligent systems.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate the ethical and social impact, the human and cultural context, and the legal implications of the development of artificial intelligence and data manipulation applications in different fields.
- Know and apply the processes of innovation, technology transfer and citizen participation in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Develop critical thinking to analyse alternatives and proposals, both one's own and those of others, in a well-founded and argued manner.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, adequately using the necessary communicative resources and adapting to the characteristics of the situation and the audience.
- Work cooperatively to achieve common objectives, assuming own responsibility and respecting the role of the different members of the team.
- Analyse and solve problems effectively, generating innovative and creative proposals to achieve objectives.
- Work autonomously, with responsibility and initiative, planning and managing time and available resources, adapting to unforeseen situations.