- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Bellaterra campus
- Duration: 5 courses - 300 credits
- Places: 115
- Admission mark: 11,858
- Price per credit: 27.67 euros
- Language: Catalan (69%), Spanish (30%) and English (1%).
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
- Hospital Clínic Veterinari for small and larrge animals, open 365 days a year, with the largest number of licensed specialists in all of Spain. Equiped with the latest diagnosis technology tools (ressonance imaging, gammagraphy, tomography, etc.)
- Farm Services and Experimental Fields, academic support to the faculty and the research conducted in different UAB departments and institutes.
- Necropsy Hall and Veterinary Pathology Diagnosis Service (SDPV), offering anatomopathological and histopathological diagnoses to the Hospital Clínic Veterinari and the Farm Services, as well as to external entities.
- Animal Health Research Centre (CReSA), for research and development in the animal health field. Collaborations among the UAb, the IRTA and the private sector.
- Special Research Centre / Food Technology Plant (CERPTA), for academic and research activities dedicated to developing technological and quality aspects in the food sector.
The main areas of employment for graduates are:
- Clinical care and surgery for domestic animals, farm animals and exotic animals
- Animal health and production in livestock, aquicultural and agricultural farming
- Hygiene and inspection of animal-derived foods in slaughterhouses, markets, food industries, freezing industries, etc.
- Control of diseases and conservation of wild animals in zoos and natural spaces
- Production of laboratory and stable animals
- Genetic engineering and biofood laboratories