Bachelor's Degree in Tourism - English
Further information on the enrolment process
The Bachelor's Degree in Tourism in English and the School of Tourism and Hotel Management offer students a learning experience closely linked to professional practice and working life that provides:
- knowledge and skills in organisation management and planning of tourist activities, destinations, services and resources, with innovation and sustainability as key issues
- learning of up to 4 foreign languages, certified by the UAB Language Service
- taught 100% in English. A command of English equivalent to the level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is recommended. There are no specific access exams
- international exchanges with more than 75 universities around the world
- three specialisations:
- Tourism Business Management
- Tourism Planning and Sales
- Hotel Management
See the Bachelor's Degree in Figures for stats about the degree.
Students receive academic and professional monitoring at the School, aimed at giving them career counselling through:
- More than 700 job placement offers at top-level organisations at home and abroad
- Interaction with the working world with activities and monitoring by professionals
- Facilities on the university campus, as the Hotel Exe Campus, for putting knowledge into practice
- Specific jobs bank with 93% job placement
Student ProfileThis degree is aimed at students with an interest in training to be creative, entrepreneurial and versatile professionals in the world of tourism with a collaborative, participative and also critical and responsible attitude to enable them to make their own decisions, and have a receptive attitude in order to acquire solid knowledge, skills and abilities for the management, direction and organisation in different areas of the tourist industry.
The degree is offered exclusively in English.
Your knowledge of English must be equivalent to the level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, although you will not have to take any exams before entering.
Career optionsThe versatility of graduates in Tourism means they can work in many roles within the tourism sector and other related sectors:
- Tourism establishments, services, promotion agencies and offices.
- Companies dealing with the complementary tourism offer associated with the place of destination and thematic tourist activities.
- Accommodation companies. Reception, banquets and conventions, quality and customer care departments and purchasing and sales personnel.
- Companies related to the creation, distribution and commercialisation of advisory services and products for tourism wholesalers and travel agents.
- Tourism research for public and private institutions.
- Business start-up.
Teaching staff list
EvaluationContinuous assessment of all students' work (classwork, independent learning, tests, exams, practical assignments and work placements), with possibility of a single overall assessment.
2 grants to Research
One study support grant for students with excellent academic achievement.
Check the website for grant amounts.
Part-time or full-time: Full-time
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail