- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 30
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69
- Language: English (47%), French (47%), Catalan (3%) and Spanish (3%)
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Graduates in English and French Studies offers a solid training in both the English and French languages, literatures and cultures. This leads to expert knowledge in two official European Union languages, which facilitates entering the workforce in any profession related to languages and multilingualism in any country of the European Union, such as the teaching of English and/or French, cultural mediation, cultural management, etc.
The two specialisations offered will allow students to delve deeper into either the field of language, linguistics and comparative grammar, or literature, comparative literature and culture, thanks to a wide range of subjects providing strong professionalising contents.
The degree is programmed by the Departments of English and German and of French and Romance Languages, making it an ideal setting for the organisation of these types of interdisciplinary studies.
- Teaching and the production of didactic materials in both public and private institutions.
- Language technology applications.
- Tourism, public relations and international relations.
- Cultural counselling and management of documentation tasks for publishers, in collaboration with journals and cultural supplements, the coordination and planning of cultural activities for companies, foundations and public institutions.
- Academic research.
Once you have completed your studies, you will have acquired solid training in the English and French languages, literatures and cultures. This will facilitate entering the labour market in any of the sectors related to language or multilingualism in any of the European Union member states, such as language teaching, cultural mediation, access to highly qualified posts in businesses, and sectors related to tourist activities, cultural exchanges, etc.
The study of the culture, history and language of a community is an opportunity to discover the characteristics which make that society different from others. Izaro Arruti